Hollis & Craddock Bible
Submitted by Donna Zorn
John Whitmel Hollis of Plymouth Township married Sarah Elizabeth Cradic (Craddock) of Plymouth Township on February 19, 1874. Married by Robt. S. Goelet, Justice of the Peace, at the house of Samuel K. Everett. Witnesses: W. S. Sheahan, S. K. Everett, K. M. Everett, all of Washington County.
Sarah Elizabeth Cradic was born on Sept. 21, 1854.Parents unknown
John Whitmel Hollis was born on October 3, 1848.
- Parents: Samuel and Rebecca Hollis.
- Sisters: Rebecca, Nancy, and Caroline.
- Brothers: Levin, Thomas, and Samuel
Sarah Elizabeth Cradic Hollis died on January 21, 1904.
John Whitmel Hollis married Lena D. Cherry on August 9, 1905. Lena died on December 31, 1907.
Children of Sarah and John Hollis
- Warren W. Hollis, born on February 19, 1875. He married Lena T. Tetterton on June 27, 1899. They had two children; John Milton Hollis, born May 17, 1900 and Leslie Warren Hollis, born on May 13, 1902.
- John R. Hollis, born on October 9, 1876. He married Myrtle L. Williams on December 7, 1898. They had a daughter; Violet Blanche Hollis, born September 18, 1899.
- Ida H. Hollis, born on November 14, 1879 and died on June 26, 1881.
- Lura Hollis, born on September 3, 1884 and died on April 10, 1885.
- Fredy Hollis, born on August 28, 1888 and died on July 7, 1889.
- Sarah (Sadie) V. Hollis Harrison, born on March 10, 1890. She married H. Bennet Harrison on August 8, 1906.
- Marry M. L. Hollis Mobely, born on December 17, 1891. She married Pearlie L. Mobely on May 20, 1908. They had a son; Clifton Lee Mobely, born on September 3, 1909.
- Katie A. Hollis, born on November 14, 1895 and died on February 19, 1898.
- Myrtle Eleana Hollis Gaylord was born on March 6, 1898. She died on October 7, 1997. She married C. Roland Gaylord on January 1, 1912.
Children of Myrtle Eleana Hollis Gaylord and C. Roland Gaylord
- Myrtle Louise Gaylord Moore, born on January 5, 1914 and died on March 11, 1970; she had a daughter named Gayle Moore;
- Lilly Elizabeth Gaylord Muire, born on January 11, 1915 and died on November 8, 1968;
- Ruth Marie Gaylord Tripp, born on June 18, 1920; she married Connor Tripp and they had a daughter named Connie Marie Tripp Dillingham and a son named Harold Connor Tripp; Ruth died on January 22, 1995;
- Jacqueline Joyce Gaylord Stecker, born on January 30, 1930; She married Donald Max Stecker and they had 4 children; Donna Joyce Stecker Zorn, born November 9, 1953; Deborah Ann Stecker Abernethy, born March 17, 1955; David Matthew Stecker, born March 14, 1958; and Carol Jean Stecker Ogden, born July 13, 1960;
- Charles Roland Gaylord, born on January 1, 1917 and died on March 23, 1928; and
- Lynwood Nelson Gaylord, born on March 22, 1924.