Return to Hyde County
1790 Census - Hyde County, NC
1790 Census, 1st Census of the United States
The data used for the 1790 Census abstracts were taken from the published version of this census. The microfilm copies of the original records were not consulted. If any error is noted in the abstract here, please e-mail me. Information on the 1790 Census was supposed to be as of 2 Aug 1790 (regardless of what day the census taker actually obtained the data).
1790 Census Columns:
* Name of Head of Household
* Number of Free White Males 16 years old and upward;
* Number of Free White Males under 16 years old;
* Number of Free White Females (all ages);
* Number of Other Free Persons (males, females, all ages);
* Number of Slaves (males, females, all ages).
Source: "State Census of North Carolina, 1784-1787, by Alvaretta K. Register, pp. 72-76a; Genealogical Publishing Company, Baltimore, MD.
Prepared by Clarence & Sallie Gargis
© 1997 - 2008 McGowan/Sheppard
Return to Hyde Co. Home Page