1786 Census - Hyde County, NC
The data used for the 1784-1787 North Carolina Census abstracts were all taken from the published version of this census: "State Census of North Carolina 1784-1787," Transcribed and Indexed by Mrs. Alvaretta Kenan Register; Genealogical Publishing Company, Baltimore, Maryland, 1973; pp. 72-76a. The microfilm copies of the original records were not consulted. If any error is noted in the abstracts here, please e-mail me with the information.
1787 North Carolina Census Columns:
* Name of Head of Household
* Number of Free White Males aged 21 years and up but under 60 (i.e. age 21-59);
* Number of Free White Males aged under 21 (i.e. age 0-20) or aged 60 and up;
* Number of Free White Females (all ages);
* Number of Blacks (male and female) age 12 and up but under 50 (i.e. age 12-49);
* Number of Blacks (male and female) age under 12 (i.e. age 0-11) or over 50.
|Part 1||Capt. Cason Gibbs' District|
|Part 2||Capt. Capps' Company
Capt. Joseph Gibbs' Company
|Part 3||Capt. Thomas Smith's District
Capt. Gaylard's District
Capt. William Satterthwait's Company
Source: "State Census of North Carolina, 1784-1787, by Alvaretta K. Register, pp. 72-76a; Genealogical Publishing Company, Baltimore, MD.
Prepared by Clarence & Sallie Gargis
© 1997 - 2008 McGowan/Sheppard
Return to Hyde Co. Home Page