Return to Dare County
Dare County Photographs
[Top photograph contributed by Marla Beasley]
Ezekiel Rollins Daniels
Ezekiel Rollins "E.R" Daniels, the son of Charles Skinner Daniels & Elizabeth (Basnight) Daniels, was born in Wanchese, Currituck Co., NC on April 5, 1856 and died Oct. 8, 1933. He married Eugenia A. Pugh (1859-1920) on Jan. 15, 1880. Eugenia was the daughter of Little John Pugh and Cynthia (Tillett) Pugh. "E.R" and Eugenia had 9 children.
1) Arthur S. Daniels (1880-1955); married Edna Petre
2) Lloyd Sylvester Daniels (1883-1953); married Lillie Morris Mann
3) Lennon Gregory Daniels (1884-1922 Buncombe Co., NC); married Geraldine Willis
4) Maynard Preston Daniels (1890-1954); married Sallie R. Montague
5) Mattie B. Daniels (1893-1974 Pasquotank Co., NC); married Frank M. Harris
6) Roscoe C. Daniels (1895-1936); married Ophelia Marie Montague
7) John Pugh Daniels (1897-1934); married Gladys Merle Spence
8) Charles Skinner Daniels (1900-1924); married Hilda Seabright Montague
9) Edna Daniels (born between 1901-1910 & died at 2 months)
You may view a younger E.R. Daniels on this Currituck Co. page that was submitted in 2005.
|The left photograph is the E.R. Daniels home in Wanchese, NC and the right picture is his store. These 2 photos were submitted by Lou Ellen Daniels Quinn who stated ".... My parents (Jimmie Tucker Daniels & Merle Jean Wescott) bought the old house and lived there for many years. I lived there until I was 2 years old. The store had the first Wanchese Post Office, established in 1886. I have documentation that states that his wife Eugenia Pugh Daniels was actually the postmistress. She ran it until 1914 when Hubby Davis became postmaster..."|