Currituck County Photographs
|Ezekiel Rollins Daniels|
Ezekiel Rollins Daniels was born in Wanchese, Currituck Co. on April 5, 1856 to Charles Skinner Daniels and Elizabeth "Betsy" Basnight [see their photo here]. He died October 8, 1933. He married Eugenia A. Pugh (d/o Little John Pugh & Cynthia Tillett) on January 15, 1880. When a post office was established in Wanchese on June 14, 1886, Ezekiel became the postmaster. By 1900 Ezekiel and Eugenia had 7 children and the 1910 census states that there were 9 children born to them but only 8 were living. Those 9 children were:
1. Arthur S. Daniels - born Dec. 24, 1880; died Feb. 15, 1955; married Edna Petre c. 1907; buried Westlawn Cemetery in Elizabeth City, NC.
2. Lloyd Sylvester Daniels - born July 1883; died July 14, 1953; married Lillie Morris Mann c. 1909; lived in Elizabeth City in 1920 & 1930 and is possibly buried there.
3. Lennon Daniels - born Nov. 1885. [no other information]
4. Maynard Preston Daniels, Sr. - born Feb. 16, 1890; died Mar. 23, 1954; married Sallie R. Montague on June 27, 1916; buried Cudworth Cemetery in Wanchese, NC.
5. Mattie B. Daniels - born March 1893. [no other information]
6. Roscoe C. Daniels - born April 30, 1895; died Feb. 12, 1936; married Ophelia Marie Montague on Aug. 25, 1921; buried Cudworth Cemetery in Wanchese, NC.
7. John Pugh Daniels - born Aug. 22, 1897; died Sept. 3, 1934 in Elizabeth City; married Glayds S. ____; death certificate states he was buried in Elizabeth City.
8. Charles Skinner Daniels - born Dec. 12, 1900; died Nov. 6, 1924 in Elizabeth City; married Hilda Seabright Montague on Aug. 31, 1921; buried Cudworth Cemetery in Wanchese, NC.
9. Edna Daniels - born between 1901-1910; died at age 2 months.
Photo and information kindly submitted by Tammy Holton Jennings. No part of this document may be used for any commercial purposes. However, please feel free to copy any of this material for your own personal use and family research.