Currituck County Photographs
|Charles Skinner & Elizabeth Basnight Daniels|
Charles Skinner Daniels was born March 10, 1820 in Currituck Co. to Thomas Daniels and Sarah T. Rollins. He died on October 28, 1892. Elizabeth "Betsy" Basnight was born East Lake (Tyrrell Co.) in 1816 and died on August 1, 1886. Both are buried in the Ezekiel R. Daniels Cemetery in Wanchese, NC. Charles & Betsy had the following children:
1. Thomas William "Tom Bill" Daniels born in Wanchese on June 8, 1843 and died on April 15, 1924. Thomas served in the Confederate Army as a Private in Co. "B" 8th NC Infantry. He married Ann Deborah Ansell on Nov, 19, 1865. He was listed as a lighthouse keeper in the 1880 Dare Co. census.
2. Sarah Elizabeth Daniels was born in East Lake on April 2, 1844 and died at Nags Head on Sept. 1, 1928. She married Alonzo M. Etheridge about 1863. Alonzo was the s/o Spencer Etheridge & Matilda Overman.
3. Sabra Ann Daniels was born in Wanchese on Oct. 1, 1846 and died August 15, 1923. She married Joseph Gideon Daniels, s/o Joseph B. & Clarissa Daniels.
4. Caroline W. Daniels was born in Wanchese on Oct. 20, 1848 and died on April 22, 1918. She married Peter Gregory Gallop about 1864. [see their photo here]
5. Charles Bailey Daniels was born in Wanchese on Jan. 5, 1853 and died June 8, 1933. He was first married to William Eliza Lane (1859-1885), d/o Moses D. Lane and Sarah Ann Tillett, on June 8, 1876. His second marriage was to Alexina L. "Ella" Mann, d/o Lewis Washington Mann & Doshia L. Sawyer, on May 25, 1887.
6. Ezekiel Rollins Daniels was born April 5, 1856 and died Oct. 8, 1933. He married Eugenia A. Pugh, d/o Little John Pugh & Cynthia Tillett, on Jan. 15, 1880.
Photo and information kindly submitted by Tammy Holton Jennings. No part of this document may be used for any commercial purposes. However, please feel free to copy any of this material for your own personal use and family research.