Currituck Co., N.C. Houses
Old Charlie Bell Home
|Located on a back road at Snowden, on
the west. Presently owned by Thomas Gregory heirs. The
siding under the porch roof in tongued and grooved and the remainder of
the house, including the shed part, is done in English siding, very well
preserved. Note the nine paned lower sashes, and that the small
windows near the chimney, only two panes wide, still have the three down
length for upper sash. Also note the two front doors. It
appears to be as it was originally built, complete with Bible-and cross
UPDATE: This house is no longer standing. Materials were taken from this home between 1976 and 1980 for use on the James Bell house in its new location.
This photo and information are from the project "Old Homes in Currituck County to 1860" originally compiled June 1960 by Alma O. Roberts and Alice Flora of the Currituck County Historical Society. We are indebted to Barbara B. Snowden, president of the Currituck County Historical Society for permission to reproduce this collection on the internet, and also to Gerri Andrews and Diane Ferebee of the Currituck County Public Library who provided digital copies of the photos. No part of this document may be used for any commercial purposes; however, please feel free to copy any of this material for your own personal use and family research. Images are for personal use only, not for redistribution.
© 2005 Marty Holland