Do you have information to share about a Wake County ancestor or relative? Please consider submitting your information.
- Brown, Joseph Gill (1854-1927) – of the Citizens National Bank
- Cooper, Anna J. (1854-1964) – the 4th African-American woman in the US to earn a doctoral degree
- Edwards, Gaston Alonzo (1875-1943) – first black architect licensed in North Carolina
- Fearn, Robbie (1959 – ) — the Outer Banks History Center has the papers of this Raleigh-raised actor
- Johnson, Edward A. (1860-1944) – African-American lawyer, author & scholar
- Lane, Joel (c. 1740s – 1795) - early prominent Raleigh resident
- Lane, Lunsford (1803-?) – famous for his slave narrative. Lunsford was a servant of the Sherwood Haywood family of Raleigh.
- Smedes, Reverend Aldert (1810-1877) – photo of the founder of St. Mary’s College
- Smedes, Reverend Bennett – photo of Aldert Smedes’ son, also rector of St. Mary’s College
- Dictionary of North Carolina Biography- compiled by William Powell, this text contains biographies of about 4,000 North Carolinians.