Will & Testament of Thomas Gibson Sr. - 1804
Richmond Co. Will book 1, p. 99.
Submitted by Dianne Duncan
IN THE NAME OF GOD AMEN. I, Thomas Gibson, of the county of Richmond and State of North Carolina, being of
sound mind and memory, but low in bodily health and calling to mind the uncertainty of life, I have thought
properly to constitute and make this my last will & testament in the form and manner following. (Vis.)
FIRST. I recommend my soul to God that gave it to me and my body to be buried in a chrisitan like manner and
under the special direction of my executors hereafter named.
2. It is my desire that my funeral charges and my just debts should be adjusted and paid by my executors and
out of such property as shall appear to them the most conducive to the interest of the family.
3. I give and bequeath to my wife Agnes, fifty acres of land including the Boman plantation during her natural
life and after her death to my son Elisha Gibson, also one bay mare called Fenis, also five cows and calves,
one feather bed to be at her disposal.
4. I give and bequeath to my son nelson Gibson five cows and calves.
5. I give and bequeath to my son Francis Gibson five cows and calves. Items: I give and bequeath to my son
Elish(a) five calves and cows and the remaining part of my stock of every description, cattle, horses, hogs
and sheep, and all my working tools and house and furniture, I give unto my son Elisha Gibson and his heirs
6. I give and bequeath to my daughter Agnes Sumerlan five pounds North Carolina currency.
7. I give and bequeath to my daughter Mary Strong five pounds North Carolina currency.
8. I give and bequeath to my daughter Sally Sumerlan five pounds North Carolina currency.
I give and bequeath to my daughter Nancy Mangum five pounds North Carolina currency.
Lastly, I ORDAIN and appoint my trusted friend nelson Gibson (senior) and my son Nelson Gibson, executors to
my last will & testament and revoking all others by me heretofore made.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and seal the 24th day of June, 1804.
THOMAS GIBSON (SEAL)
Walt Leak - Alexander Nickolson - Luke Gibson: Witnesses.
Return to Richmond Co. Will Index
Return to Richmond Co. Home Page
You are the
visitor since January 23, 2002