Return to Pamlico Co. Homepage


William Odell Spain Photographic Collection
[Submitted by Jan Orndorff]

Cash Corner Net Shop

Located on the north side of Hwy 304, near the intersection of Hwy 304 and Hobucken School Road (SR 1229) in Hobucken, this grocery store was built in 1949 by Charlie Jones (1908-1998), son of Edmond Jones and Mary James Bateman.  He operated this grocery store for 23 years.  It later became the home of the Cash Corner Net Shop, owned and operated by Arnold “Gibb” Sadler (1928-2000) from the 1970s until the late 1990s during the construction of the new high rise bridge across the Intracoastal Waterway in Hobucken.

© 2011 Kay Midgett Sheppard