New About Search Data Deeds Families Wills Links Query Home

Spring Green Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery
240 Powells Mill Road
Warrenton, North Carolina 27589

Surveyed by Tony Copeland, in May 2007; transcribed and submitted by Deloris Williams

See Cemetery Survey

Directions from North Main Street in Warrenton, head south on North Main [US-158-BR, US-401] towards East Macon Street [NC-58, US-158-BR] about 331 feet; turn left at East Macon Street going about 299 feet; turn right at South Bragg Street for 0.3 mile, which turns into Halifax Street, continue on for another 463 feet, where it turns into Baltimore Road; go on Baltimore Road for 2.4 miles, where it becomes NC-1600; continue on NC-1600 for another 2.9 miles; turn left at Powell Mills Road, going on for 0.1 mile until you see the Church.

Spring Green has some of the oldest marked graves in the County, many of them weathered and partially buried with time, but still standing in an upright position.  The current Church structure was built about 1950, however, the Church itself has clearly been around a lot longer than that.  The graveyard contains at least a couple of the former Ministers who served there, including Rev. Isaac Alston and Rev. Thomas Plummer.  Reverend Alston, who died in 1919, was a fairly well-known figure in the community having served on several important committees in the area, including as a member of the Board of Directors of the Colored Orphan Asylum in Oxford, North Carolina.


2007 by Tony Copeland, Deloris Williams, Ginger Christmas-Beattie, and/or individual contributors.  No portion of this any document appearing on this site is to be used for other than personal research.  Any republication or reposting is expressly forbidden without the written consent of the owner. Last updated 03/25/2013