Return to Hyde County
Rinaldo Midyett -
NC State Archives; Original estates records 1745-1904; CR.053.508.52
May 25, 1852 - William W. Spencer, Adm'r. of Rinaldo Midyett, signed $5000.00 bond on May 25, 1852 with Thomas Jennette & Benners A. Ensley as securities
June 25, 1852 - Commissioners allotted to Clarissa Midyett, widow of Rinaldo Midyett, her one year's provision. There not being sufficient crop, stock & provisions on hand to make a comfortable provision for the said widow and family for a year, we assess the deficiency to the sum of $242.25 to be paid by the administrator of said Rinaldo Midyett, deceased. /s/ S.H. Ritch, JP, R.M. Burrus, L.S. Midyett, Pelege W. Spencer
Nov. 30, 1852 - Administrator's bond of $1000.00 signed by Banister Midyett, adm'r. of P.F. Midyett [aka Pharoah or Farrow Farrow Midyett] with Benajmin Midyett & Samuel Brooks as his securities. [This item may have been filed in the wrong folder at the Archives.]
Feb. Term 1853 - Petition of L.B. Midyett, adm'r. of Farrow Farrow Midyett against W.W. Spencer, adm'r. of Rinaldo Midyett. Petitioner states that Rinaldo Midyett was formerly guardian of Farrow Farrow Midyett and that at the death of said Rinaldo Midyett the said W.W. Spencer administered on his estate and certain funds went into his hands belonging to the said Farrow Farrow Midyett, dec'd. Petitioner asks the Court to appoint some suitable person to audit the account. [This item may have been filed in the wrong folder at the Archives.]
Nov. Term 1854 - Petition of Kitty Midyett against William W. Spencer, adm'r. of Rinaldo Midyett, dec'd. Petitioner states that sometime in the year [blank] that Rinaldo Midyett was appointed guardian of said petitioner, then an infant, and took into his possession all of her estate; that sometime in 1852 petitioner's guardian, Rinaldo Midyett, died intestate and since that time petitioner has come to the lawful age of 21. Petitioner asks that said W.W. Spencer appear at the next term of Court to answer allegations set forth. /s/ J. Spencer, Sol. for Pet.
May Term 1855 - Petition of Dameron G. Midyett & wife Cordelia vs. William W. Spencer, adm'r. of Rinaldo Midyett, late guardian of Cordelia. Petitioners states that Rinaldo Midyett was appointed guardian of Cordelia and took possession of her estate consisting of personal property worth several hundred dollars, together with notes & bonds and money from the rents and income of her lands; that sometime in 1852 said guardian died intestate and since that time Cordelia has come to the lawful age of 21 and has intermarried with Dameron Midyett; that after the decease of said Rinaldo, William W. Spencer was appointed his administrator by the Court and came into his possession all of the property of the estate. Petitioners ask that said Spencer appear at the next term of Court to answer allegations set forth. /s/ W.H. Spencer, Sol. for Petr's.
May Term 1860 - Petition of Cyrus H. Gray & his wife Charlotte P. shows that sometime in or about 18[blank] Rinaldo Midyett, deceased, applied for and obtained guardianship of said Charlotte and he therefore took into his possession her considerable estate; that said Rinaldo died intestate in or about 185[blank] and that William W. Spencer became his administrator and that no guardian was appointed for the said Charlotte so that her estate remained in the hands of said Spencer as administrator.; that since the death of Rinaldo, Charlotte has intermarried with Cyrus H. Gray and they request that said Spencer deliver to them the property belonging to them and ask the Court to have said Spencer at next term of Court. /s/ N. Beckwith
Petition of Irry [Ira] Midyett and his wife Bethany R. Midyett - [basically the same petition as above]
Additional information on persons mentioned in this estate --
1) Rinaldo Midyett was born c 1809 and died before May 25, 1852. He was the son of Little Bannister Midyett and his 1st wife, Luranah. Rinaldo married Clarissa Ann Rebecca Pugh.
2) Clarissa Ann Rebecca (Pugh) Midyett, widow of Rinaldo Midyett and daughter of Paul Sparrow Pugh and Mary Ann Daniels, was born June 15, 1811 and died before Jan. 1873.
3) P.F. Midyett, aka Pharoah Farrow Midyett or Farrow Farrow Midyett, was the son of Little Bannister Midyett and his 2nd wife Charlotte [maiden name unk.] He was born c1840 and died c1852. His half-brother, Little Bannister Midyett (1825-1895) administered on his estate and his half-brother, Rinaldo Midyett, was his guardian until he died in 1852.
4) Kitty Midyett, daughter of Little Bannister Midyett and his 1st wife, Luranah, was born c1834 and died in 1876. She married Allen W. Gray on Aug. 29, 1856.
5) Cordelia Midyett, daughter of Little Bannister Midyett and his 1st wife, Luranah, was born Oct. 9, 1836 & died Apr. 16, 1911. She married Dameron G. Midyett on June 21, 1854.
6) Charlotte P. Midyett, daughter of Little Bannister Midyett and his 2nd wife Charlotte, was born Oct. 11, 1841 & died Apr. 8, 1929. She married Little Cyrus H. Gray on June 28, 1859.
7) Bethany R. Midyett, daughter of Little Bannister Midyett and his 1st wife, Luranah, was born Oct. 29, 1837 & died Dec. 1, 1906. She married Ira Midyett, Jr. on June 15, 1860.
This estate was contributed by Kay Midgett Sheppard. No part of this document may be used for any commercial purposes. However, please feel free to copy any of this material for your own personal use and family research. If you find anything in these records that pertains to your families, it is strongly suggested that you look at the original record on your own to check for errors or possibly other additional and helpful information. Thank you!
© 2010 Kay Midgett Sheppard