Return to Hyde Co. Main Page
James Wilson Williams & Louise Blanche Jarvis
April 25, 1868 - June 8, 1935 Sept. 5, 1886 - Feb. 3, 1930
James Wilson Williams was the son of James Haywood Williams and Mollie Credle. He was born in Wilson County, North Carolina on April 25, 1868. He and Louise Blanche Jarvis, daughter of Tilman Ferdinand Jarvis, Sr. and Louisa David Jarvis, were the first couple to be married in the Presbyterian Church located on Tiny Oak Rd. in Hyde County on February 8, 1911. James Wilson and Louise Blanche Jarvis Williams are both buried in Lot #126 of the Soule Cemetery in Hyde County
They had the following five children:
- Mollie Louise Williams was born on Sept. 2, 1912. She married Alpheus Hinton McLeod, II on March 11, 1943 in Charleston, S.C. They had one child, Louise Jarvis McLeod.
- David Odis Williams was born November 23, 1913 and died April 27, 1967. He married Shirley Gertrude Midyette. He is buried in Lot #126 in Soule Cemetery. They had one child, Debbie Williams.
- James Haywood Williams was born on Nov. 29, 1915. He married in Texas and had two sons. He died February 20, 1962.
- Tilman Alva Williams married in Texas and had 8 children.
- Ada Thurs Williams was born on Feb. 14, 1924. She married Dr. Thomas R. Jenkins. They had one child, Suzanne Jenkins.
(Photos and information kindly submitted by Louise Jarvis McLeod.)
McGowan / Sheppard