Return to Hyde Co. Main Page
George Henry Weston, Sr. Family
L to R Front Row: Clifford Clary Weston and Mary Eugenia Weston
L to R Back Row: George Muncey Weston, Henrietta Tripp Weston, Frances Etta Weston, Braxton Milton Weston, & George Henry Weston, Sr.
George Henry Weston, Sr., son of James Gray Weston, Sr. (1814-1878) and Frances C. Boomer (1829-1898), was born January 25, 1849 and died June 11, 1911. He was married first to Fannie Adams (1851-1884), daughter of James Adams, Sr. and Martha Ann Murray. They had one son, George Henry Weston, Jr., who only lived to six months. Fannie and her baby son are buried in Lot #38 of St. George's Episcopal Church cemetery. George Henry Weston, Sr. married the second time to Henrietta Tripp Weston (1861-1947), daughter of John Milton Weston and Julietta Jarvis. This union produced the following children:
- 1. Frances Etta Weston born October 2, 1885 and died September 1978.
- 2. George Munson "Muncey" Weston born February 21, 1888 and died October 8, 1938.
- 3. Braxton Milton "Brac" Weston born September 29, 1889 and died March 2, 1980.
- 4. Clifton Weston born March 23, 1891 and died August 24, 1892.
- 5. Clifford Clary Weston born June 25, 1893 and died March 18, 1918.
- 6. Mary Eugenia Weston born January 8, 1895 and died May 1, 1990.
- 7. Franklin Roskam Weston born December 21, 1896 and died April 4, 1900.
(Photo and information courtesy of John McGowan.)
McGowan / Sheppard