Return to Hyde Co. Main Page
Dollie (Ball) Midyette & Family
Back Row: Grace Eleanor Midyette holding Sudie Nell Midyette; Russell Adolphus Midyett
Seated: Dollie Ella (Ball) Midyette holding Minnie Maxine Midyette
According to ages of the children this photo was probably taken around 1938-'39.
Benjamin Russell "Bennie" Midyette, son of John Methious Midyette & Nancy Gaskill Gaskins, was born October 26, 1885 in Hyde Co. and died November 17, 1967 in Norwich, New London Co., Connecticut. On December 25, 1921 at Oyster Creek he married Dollie Ella Ball, daughter of Walter Samuel Ball & Susan Jane "Sudie" Harris. Dollie was born July 22, 1898 in Hyde County and died July 29, 1980 in New London, New London Co., Connecticut. "Bennie" and Dollie are both buried in Hartford, Connecticut in the Rose Hill Memorial Park Cemetery. Together they had the following children.
- McWaters Alexander Midyette born October 28, 1922 at Lake Landing, Hyde Co., NC and died December 2, 1999 in Swan Quarter, Hyde Co., NC. He married Elizabeth "Betty" _____. In the 1960's McWaters was an engineer for the Ocracoke-Swan Quarter Ferry.
- Grace Eleanor Midyette was born March 18, 1924 in Swan Quarter and died April 21, 1999 in Beaverton, Washington Co., Oregon. She married Leland J. Cardwell.
- Russell Adolphus Midyette was born in Swan Quarter on February 14, 1931 and died in Hartford, Hartford Co., Connecticut on September 12, 1985. He married Dorothy Louise Hewitt in San Diego, California in 1951. He married Katherine M. "Kay" Pendleton on Dec. 28, 1957 in Waterford, Connecticut.
- Sudie Nell "Sue" Midyette was born in Swan Quarter on June 10, 1934. She married John Arthur "Jack" Getchell. Sue lived in Brush Prairie, Washington in 1999.
- Minnie Maxine Midyette was born in Swan Quarter on September 17, 1936. She married Phillip W. Perry. Minnie lived in Old Line, Connecticut in 1999.
(Photo kindly submitted by Dan Griggs. Information from the files of Dan Griggs and Kay Midgett Sheppard.
McGowan / Sheppard