Rev. James McQueen
Abstracted from History of Sandy Grove Church - pg.18
The Rev. Duncan McLean was the first to supply the new church of Sandy Grove. His connection
with it, however, was of short duration, only about six months in the year 1855, when he was
succeeded by the Rev. James McQueen, a licentiate of Fayetteville Presbytery. He served it as
stated supply until March 27th, 1858, when he was regularly installed pastor for one-third of
his time. The other two-thirds were given to Longstreet and Bethesda, one-third each. Mr.
McQueen's connection with the church was, at his own request, dissolved in 1865, after a service
of nine years.
Back to Roll of Ministers