The following announcement was taken from the D-OGS December 2009 Newsletter.
The following was received from Footnote.com:
We are excited to announce the release of our latest interactive collection: the Native American collection. Working together with the National Archives and Allen County Library, Footnote.com has created a collection featuring over 1.8 million records that will help people discover new details about Native American history and genealogy.
Visit the Native American Microsite today and explore records only found on Footnote.com:
- Ratified Indian Treaties – dating back to 1722
- Indian Census Rolls – featuring personal information including age, place of residence and degree of Indian blood
- The Guion Miller Roll – perhaps the most important source of Cherokee genealogical research
- Dawes Packets – containing original applications for tribal enrollments
- And other documents relating to the Five Civilized Tribes
Please know that this is a “for pay” site. You can look check out the collection and decide if it is worth your own time and money.