Legacy software is sponsoring a free webinar on data backup tools and processes on March 23.
“Have you ever experienced a data loss when it comes to your genealogy research? Not yet? Well if not, have you prepared for what might happen if your hard drive fails? What if your laptop is lost or stolen?
Join webinar host Geoff Rasmussen and dynamic presenter, Thomas MacEntee (author of Google for Genealogists webinar-on-CD) for this 90-minute free webinar, Backing Up Your Genealogy Data. You will learn the basics of backing up all your genealogy data including identifying data, common backup methods and how to use free online programs to help you make sure your data will always be available! Participants will learn various methods for backing up their genealogy data including many free online programs such as DropBox, Google Docs, Picasa and more!
The live webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, March 23, 2011, so register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free.”
About the presenter
Thomas MacEntee is a professional genealogist specializing in the use of technology and social media to improve genealogical research and as a means of interacting with others in the family history community. Utilizing over 25 years of experience in the information technology field, Thomas writes and lectures on the many ways in which blogs, Facebook and Twitter can be leveraged to add new dimensions to the genealogy experience. As the creator of GeneaBloggers.com he has organized and engaged a community of over 1,300 bloggers to document their own journeys in the search for ancestors.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain/Arizona
- 11am Pacific
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here’s how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It’s free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Other upcoming webinars
Wednesday, March 2, 2011. More Blogging for Beginners with DearMYRTLE. Register here.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011. Building a Research Toolbox with Thomas MacEntee. Register here.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011. Preserving Family Photographs: 1839 to the Present with Maureen Taylor. Register here.
View past webinars
Our webinars are available in the archives at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp for at least 30 days. Select webinars are now available to purchase on CD:
- Google for Genealogists by Thomas MacEntee, 1 hour 28 minutes.
- Sharing Genealogy Electronically by Geoff Rasmussen, 1 hour 49 minutes.
- Chasing Women: Finding Your Female Ancestors, by Leland Meitzler, 1 hour 21 minutes.