Currituck County Photographs
McCalister R. "Cal" Montague Family
|McCalister Roughton "Cal" Montague was
the 10th out of 11 children born to William Montague & Sarah Etheridge on Roanoke Island, Currituck Co., NC on Sept.
1, 1857 and died in Wanchese on July 3, 1932. He married Mary Lucetta Daniels, d/o
George Charles Daniels & Nancy Jane Cudworth, on May
25, 1882. Mary Lucetta was born in Wanchese on October 19, 1868 and
died there on October 30, 1958. Both she and Cal are buried in the
Cudworth Cemetery in Wanchese. Cal & Mary Lucetta had 10 known children.
We don't know which of those 10 children are shown in the above photograph
but if any of you can identify them please let
me know. The 10 children
1. Edith Montague - born Nov. 22, 1883; died Dec. 3, 1883. Buried Cudworth Cemetery.
2. Odella C. "Dell" Montague - born Jan. 9, 1885; died July 30, 1973. Married Wm. Calvin "Buck" Saunders of Harbinger, NC. Buried Cudworth Cemetery.
3. James Eldon Montague - born Oct. 1, 1888; died 1949. Married Marguerite Stowe. Buried in Cudworth Cemetery.
4. William Lancelot "Lance" Montague - born June 1889; died ???. Married Bonnie Dale Fulcher.
5. Augustus "Gus" Montague - born August 28, 1892; died ???. Married Ethel Fulcher. World War I Draft Registration indicates he was 2nd Asst. Lighthouse Keeper in Key West, Florida in 1917.
6. Sallie R. Montague - born March 6, 1895; died July 31, 1963. Married Maynard Preston Daniels, Sr. Buried Cudworth Cemetery.
7. Ophelia Marie Montague - born May 22, 1898; died June 11, 1991. Married Roscoe C. Daniels. Buried Cudworth Cemetery.
8. Hilda Seabright Montague - born Jan. 1, 1901; died Jan. 24, 1996. Married Charles Skinner Daniels and Ivey Hunter Evans. Buried Cudworth Cemetery.
9. Celia Raydo "Rae" Montague - born August 16, 1903; died ???. Married Edward Marvin Davis.
10. Nancy Montague - born c. 1906; died Dec. 28, 1995. Married Theodore Roosevelt Lates Etheridge and Willard Thomas Atkinson. Buried Cudworth Cemetery.
Photo kindly submitted by Tammy Holton Jennings. No part of this document may be used for any commercial purposes. However, please feel free to copy any of this material for your own personal use and family research.>