Currituck County Photographs
Franklin Harrison Wood
Mary Holland Etheridge
Franklin Harrison Wood Midgett, son of Ezekiel Midgett & Anna W. (Payne) Midgett, was born in Rodanthe, Hyde Co., NC on Feb. 5, 1862 and died in Kitty Hawk on Nov. 24, 1929. He married Mary Holland Etheridge, d/o Truxton Sykes Etheridge & Emeline Guard, on June 20, 1886. Mary Holland was born in Currituck Co. on Dec. 13, 1869 and died in Elizabeth City, Pasquotank Co., NC on May 16, 1969, just 5 months shy of her 100th birthday. To this union were born 10 children:
1. Truxton Etheridge Midgett - b. Aug. 17,1887 d. May 31, 1978; Married: Bernice Lizette Midgett in 1910 and Arvilla Gertrude Perry in 1923.
2. William Franklin Midgett - b. Jan. 24, 1889 d. Feb. 20, 1976 in Sanford, Lee Co., NC; Married: Margaret Susan Wright in 1910.
3. Harriet Ann Midgett - b. Mar. 29, 1891 d. May 19, 1943; had children by Joseph Dempsey Perry and Frank Hayman.
4. David Oliver Midgett - b. Feb. 19, 1893 d. Oct. 23, 1893; buried in Austin Cemetery in Kitty Hawk.
5. Bertha May Midgett - b. Sept. 15, 1894 d. Sept. 23, 1943; Married: Jesse Etheridge Baum, Jr. in 1913.
6. Spencer Lee Midgett - b. Feb. 11, 1897 d. Nov. 20, 1977 in New York City (Manhattan Island), NY. Married: Annie Blanche Beacham in 1922.
7. Sadie Ray Midgett - b. Sept. 22, 1899 d. Oct. 1, 1918 of Spanish influenza; Married Shelton Burrus Beacham in 1917
8. Mary Ellen "Wid" Midgett - b. Jan. 30, 1902 d. Nov. 27, 1993; Married: Carlos Crespo Dowdy in 1919.
9. Iola Dell "Bummie" Midgett - b. Dec. 1, 1905 d. Jan. 29, 1990 in Tucumcari, New Mexico; Married: Crowder Castellan Davis in 1926.
10. Ernest Leland Midgett - b. Jan. 29, 1910 d. Dec. 1988 in Germany while visiting his daughter; Married: Mary Bullion.
Photo and information kindly submitted by Tammy Holton Jennings. No part of this document may be used for any commercial purposes. However, please feel free to copy any of this material for your own personal use and family research. Images are for personal use only, not for redistribution.