Currituck Co., N.C. Houses

 

William Henry Walker Home

Located south of Poplar Branch on the road to Grandy.  This house was originally built on the other side of the road back near the water and was moved to its present site around 1855 when it was added on it.  Recent repairs show three periods of construction, all pegged.  The original materials--paneling, wide flooring, mantel, stairway, and even original "HL" door hinges and doors--are still intact.

 

This photo and information are from the project "Old Homes in Currituck County to 1860" originally compiled June 1960 by Alma O. Roberts and Alice Flora of the Currituck County Historical Society.   We are indebted to Barbara B. Snowden, president of the Currituck County Historical Society for permission to reproduce this collection on the internet, and also to Gerri Andrews and Diane Ferebee of the Currituck County Public Library who provided digital copies of the photos.  No part of this document may be used for any commercial purposes; however, please feel free to copy any of this material for your own personal use and family research.  Images are for personal use only, not for redistribution.

USGenWeb

NCGenWeb

USGenWeb

Return to USGenWeb

Return to NCGenWeb

Return to Currituck

2005 Marty Holland