Currituck Co., N.C. Houses

 

Transformed Schoolhouse

Formerly the old schoolhouse at Poplar Branch where the "Beasley boy" was attending school at the time of his disappearance.  Located just north of the present Griggs School at Poplar Branch.  The building has also been used as a Rebekah Lodge and as a chapel.

 

This photo and information are from the project "Old Homes in Currituck County to 1860" originally compiled June 1960 by Alma O. Roberts and Alice Flora of the Currituck County Historical Society.   We are indebted to Barbara B. Snowden, president of the Currituck County Historical Society for permission to reproduce this collection on the internet, and also to Gerri Andrews and Diane Ferebee of the Currituck County Public Library who provided digital copies of the photos.  No part of this document may be used for any commercial purposes; however, please feel free to copy any of this material for your own personal use and family research.  Images are for personal use only, not for redistribution.

USGenWeb

NCGenWeb

USGenWeb

Return to USGenWeb

Return to NCGenWeb

Return to Currituck

2005 Marty Holland