Currituck Co., N.C. Houses

 

Old Methodist Parsonage

Located near the fork of N.C. Highway 34 and Tulls Creek Road, near Currituck.  Also known as the Ben Sivills place and later the Will Edwards place.  Although some of the windows with the nine panes in the upper sashes are still intact, the house is in a bad state of repair.  The hall is at the left end of the house and the living room at the right.  The original paneling is there, as is the old mantel.  One unusual aspect of the interior of the house was the huge plaster of Paris medallions in the centers of the rooms from which originally hung the candelabra or lamps.  It is constructed with wooden pegs.  The kitchen stands at the back and right of the main body of the house.

 

This photo and information are from the project "Old Homes in Currituck County to 1860" originally compiled June 1960 by Alma O. Roberts and Alice Flora of the Currituck County Historical Society.   We are indebted to Barbara B. Snowden, president of the Currituck County Historical Society for permission to reproduce this collection on the internet, and also to Gerri Andrews and Diane Ferebee of the Currituck County Public Library who provided digital copies of the photos.  No part of this document may be used for any commercial purposes; however, please feel free to copy any of this material for your own personal use and family research.  Images are for personal use only, not for redistribution.

USGenWeb

NCGenWeb

USGenWeb

Return to USGenWeb

Return to NCGenWeb

Return to Currituck

2005 Marty Holland