Return to Currituck Co.
LETTERS FROM THE PAST
This space is provided for the posting of letters to and from people who lived in Currituck County or had lived there but moved away. If you have any letters to or from your Currituck County ancestor and think that other researchers might find them of interest, please forward a copy to me by email. Please retain the original spelling and punctuation of the writer. Also, please give a little background information about those involved and, of course, the letter’s date or time period if you know it.
Of interest would be letters dealing with the life and people of Currituck County and letters home from soldiers and sailors, especially from the Civil War period. So dig out those old letters your great grandmother wrote buried in the trunk in the attic, and send them in. Your participation is appreciated!!
1. 1763 Letter from Stephen Williams to Gov. Arthur Dobbs
2. Letters from Currituck to Fountain County, Indiana, c. 1830s to 1850s
3. Morgan Family Letters from the Civil War (from the Virginia Military Institute Archives)
4. 1893 Letter from Elizabeth Staples Cox to her daughter, Margaret Cox Willett
5. 1925 tribute from L.D. Hayman, pastor of the First Methodist Church in Washington, NC, to Joe Tom Daniels
No part of these records may be used for any commercial purposes. However, please feel free to copy any of this material for your own personal use and family research. If you find anything here that pertains to your families, I would strongly suggest that you look at the record on your own to check for errors or possibly other additional and helpful information.
© 2010 Kay Midgett Sheppard